I have read an article titled "An Education in Citizenship" This article is about an argument on how legal ciitizen have to pay more money out of their pocket to pay for their tuition In-state, While non-citizen immigrants pay alot less.
In this article the writer questions "Why will we charge legal citizens from other states more for a tuition than we charge non-citizen immigrants?" Their parents i.e legal citizen's parents are already paying federal taxes to help support the pell grants In-state. Why make these parents pay more of their money?
I personally believe this is not fair at all because why make U.S citizens pay more for an education? what are their benefits when it comes to their education? I feel this is truly wrong and I can't seem to understand how many people took a vote and allowed tge Illinois House to pass the bill that allow young people in the U.S to pay these expenses, annd allow someone with No Legal Rights to pay less.
Why do I have a citizenship? I am in College now and I really hate having to pay for everything on my own, when i should be entitled to benefits due to legal citzenship. Am I right? As so the article questions the same thing. I, too argue the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment